Scroll down to see a list of recent ArnoldWorld improvements.
There is still much work to be done on ArnoldWorld, and there probably always will be. The main areas needing attention are:
- Ancestry research – Finding more people, and updating the people we have as better information is found.
- Image processing – Sorting, tagging, dating, prepping for site use, etc.
- Adding new posts – Births, Marriages, Deaths, etc.
- Family Tree Images – Creating and uploading the graphics that show where everyone fits in.
- Writing Biographies – Replacing placeholders with actual factual stories, including your story.
- General Improvements – Keeping the site accurate, secure, responsive, easy to use, and easy to maintain.
Please feel free to add a comment below on what you are most interested in seeing next.
Some of the recent ArnoldWorld improvements include:
- Added 100 images for the year 1972. If you are logged in, you can view them here, otherwise you may view them on the individual biography pages.
- Added baby Forrest. Congratulations Danielle and Leon.
- Added over 100 images for the year 1971. If you are logged in, you can view them here, otherwise you may view them on the individual biography pages.
- Added baby Merlin. Congratulations Sammy and Aaron.
- Added nearly 100 images for the year 1970. If you are logged in, you can view them here, otherwise you may view them on the individual biography pages.
- Added a Biographies Index page, a simple alphabetized list of available biographies that may make it easier to find someone you are looking for.
- Updated the biographies of Richard Arnold (Captain), including his last will & testament, and Mary Angell.
- Further genealogical research including John George Arnold, a possible but unproven father of Samuel Arnold (2nd).
- Structural changes to improve performance.
- Updated the following biographies: Samuel Arnold (1st), Samuel Arnold (2nd), Elizabeth Plumb, Thomas Arnold (Immigrant).
- Updated Hannah L. Pettis and Phoebe M. Mansfield biographies to include their move to Michigan.
- Ancestry research resulting in two new “Issues” posts: Issues – Thomas Arnold (immigrant) Ancestry and Issues – Samuel Arnold (1st) Ancestry.
Improvements from the year 2021 can be found here.