Who is John to you? The following is not a complete list of relatives/descendants, but if you recognize any of these names, it may help you answer that question.
- Father of Roy Emery Moore.
- Grandfather of Doris Jane Moore.
- Great grandfather of Joyce, Dan, Gloria, Mike, Valerie, and Teresa.
- 2nd great grandfather to Kelly Jean, David Michael, David Daniel, Steven Michael, Gina Joy, Kristen Marie, Bradley Jay, Joseph Michael, Matthew Allen, Daniel Scott, Jennifer Lynn, Jaysson Solomon-Elijah, Job Gabriel-Elisha, and Sarah Kaylynn.
- 3nd great grandfather to Kari Nikole, Kali Ryann, Brett Mikalary, Samantha Marie, Spencer Jay, Megan Armenia, Dominic Daniel, Tristen Jay, Zachary Todd, Kayla, and 20+ young folks.
- 4th great grandfather to other young folks.
Children of John and Edith include:
- Charles Atholl Moore 1903-???? (??)
- Roy Emery Moore 1910-1981 (71)
- Ethel Ruth Moore ????-???? (??)
- Willis Moore ????-???? (??)
John’s 1918 draft card describes him as being a 40 year old, white, native-born, farmer of medium height and build, with blue eyes and black hair, from Kenton, Hardin, Ohio.
According to his WW II Registration card, John was a self employed farmer in 1942 and lived with his son, Roy. Also of note on the card, it says “(Initial Only)” next to his name of John J. Moore. In other words the “J” stood for “J”, and nothing else.
John moved to Green Lake Township, Interlochen, Michigan sometime between 1946 and 1948.
In 1968, John celebrated his 90th birthday on Sunday, March 11, with an open house for his friends at the Haufbrau in Interlochen, Michigan.
John passed away in Traverse City, Grand Traverse, MI, USA on Sunday, May 4, 1969 at the age of 91. He was laid to rest on Tuesday at the Maple Grove Cemetery in Grawn, Michigan.
From the local newspaper:
John J. Moore, 91, of Interlochen died early Sunday morning at Grand traverse Medical Care Facility after a brief illness.
Funeral services will be held at 1 P.m. Tuesday at Martinson funeral home in Traverse City, Rev. Dr. Howard R. Towne officiating, with burial in the family lot in Grawn [, MI at the] Maple Grove cemetery.
Mr. Moore was born March 11, 1878 at Marseilles, Ohio, and in 1946 moved to the Interlochen area, where he operated a summer resort on Bass lake in Green Lake township until his retirement in 1964. He was an active member of the Modern Woodsmen.
Surviving are: two sons, Charles of Mexico and Roy of West Palm Beach, Florida; a daughter, Mrs. LeRoy (Ethel) Tubbs of Pontiac; seven grandchildren and several greatgrandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
His wife, Peggy, preceded him in death.Local Newspaper: Interlochen Resident Dies