What was Susan’s real last name? Was it Susan Suttles as on her 1846 marriage license application and marriage certificate, and on Simon Arnold’s death certificate?
Was it Susan Settles as on Daniel W. Arnold’s death certificate? Or perhaps Susan Settle as on Elizabeth Arnold’s death certificate? Maybe it was Susan Sittle/Settle as on Mary Arnold’s death certificate?
Could it have been Susan Settler as on her son George Thomas Arnold’s death certificate? 😉
We have Susan’s middle initial as “E” in an 1850 census, but the only time we have her full name is in old handwritten notes: “Susan Elisabeth Suttles”.
Children of Susan and Daniel include:
- Simon Samuel Arnold 1846–1922 (75)
- Daniel Webster Arnold 1849–1928 (79)
- Elisabeth Arnold 1851–1931 (80)
- Mary Arnold 1854–1937 (83)
- Sarah Emeline Arnold 1857–1942 (84)
- George Thomas Arnold 1861–1939 (77)
According to the death certificate of her son Simon, Susan was born in Virginia.