Johann Christian Wilhelm Kucks (John as he was later known as) was born to Johann Kucks and Dorothea Schmidt in Ganzkow, Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany on Sunday, November 9, 1845.
Children of John and Mary include:
- Herman August Carl Kucks 1869–1938 (68)
- Minnie Kucks 1873?-???? (??)
- John Fredrick Kucks 1875–1938 (62)
- Fredrick Henry Kucks 1876?-???? (??)
- Mary S. Kucks 1877–1953 (76)
- Louis W. Kucks 1880–1929 (49)
John passed away of “Brights Disease, Dilated Heart” in Platte, Benzie, MI, USA on Tuesday, May 27, 1930 at the age of 84. Place of burial, Platte Cemetery. Date of burial, May 30, 1930.
John is listed on his death certificate as John C. Kucks, a white, widowed, male from Germany, born to John Kucks of Germany, and Dorthie Schmidt of Germany; informed by Herman Kucks of Battle Creek.