Ernest (Ernie) was born to Fredrick Balitz and Mary S. Kucks in City, County, Michigan, USA on Monday, May 29, 1899.
Who is Ernie to you? The following is not a complete list of relatives/descendants, but if you recognize any of these names, it may help you answer that question.
- Brother of Tracie M. Balitz.
- Uncle of Laban Daniel Arnold and Alvin Ernest Arnold.
- Great uncle of Joyce, Dan, Gloria, Mike, Valerie, Teresa, Sally, Carol, and Roger.
- 2nd great uncle to Kelly Jean, David Michael, David Daniel, Steven Michael, Gina Joy, Kristen Marie, Bradley Jay, Joseph Michael, Matthew Allen, Daniel Scott, Jennifer Lynn, Jaysson Solomon-Elijah, Job Gabriel-Elisha, Sarah Kaylynn, Kandy Kay, Randy William, Scott Anthony, Joy Ann, Beth Ann, and Anne Marie.
- 3rd great uncle to Danielle Rose, Dutch Reese, William Henry, Nolan Anthony, Nickolas Anthony, Sydney Kay, Wyatt Anthony, Kari Nikole, Kali Ryann, Brett Mikalary, Samantha Marie, Spencer Jay, Megan Armenia, Dominic Daniel, Tristen Jay, Zachary Todd, Kayla, and 20+ young folks.
- 4th great uncle to other young folks..
Ernie married Della Campbell in Toledo, Lucas, OH, USA on Monday, October 19, 1925. According to their marriage license application, Ernie lived at 905 W. Bancroft Street (now a vacant lot) and Della lived at 2252 Auburn Ave, both in Toledo.
My other uncle, Ernest Balitz, had grown up and moved to the city before I could remember much about him. He did come to visit his parents quite often so I would see him then. He had a pretty good job in Toledo, Ohio. As I said before, he didn’t like my dad marrying his sister. However, they did reconcile in later years and became quite close. Uncle Ernest always drove a Packard. That was a great classy car.Alvin E. Arnold Memoirs
According to a “guest registry” from the 1952 wedding of Laban and Doris Arnold, Ernie lived at 3030 Algonquin Pkwy, Toledo at that time, and his mother Mary Kucks lived with him.
Ernie had no children.
Ernie registered for the WWII draft at the age of 42 on February 16, 1942 while living at 3229 Meadowbrook Court in Toledo, OH. At the time he worked at Ensign Foundry at 2100 Hendon Street in Toledo. His registration card listed him at 6′ tall, and 200 pounds, with blue eyes, black hair, and a ruddy complexion.
Ernie had a good friend named Betty Britzius for many years – our first photo of her is from 1945 – we have been unable to find anything official on the nature of their relationship but she made many trips to Honor with Ernie over thirty-plus years.
Ernie passed away in Toledo, Lucas, OH, USA on Saturday, April 16, 1983 at the age of 83.